Well its a sunday evening.. Many people might be having a lot of interesting things to do.. go out with friends... relatives.. family or just relax in their home watching tv.. drinking coffee.. or starting to get ready for next days office.. Well I am sitting in my bed and blogging.. But what is interesting about this is the time I spent before starting this post.. I was just searching the web to find some information about a few people. Well I would like to make one fact clear.. I am not a stalker.. :P I was just trying to find information about some people to know them better.. But what I ended up finding has just made me more suspicious.. How can a person totally block all their profiles from public?? So much so that you are merely able to see their name in just one or two networks and not even able to locate them in the others.. I know that privacy has become a major concern over the past few years and all these networks have provided sufficient settings to block people from doing exactly what I was trying to do.. But still.. I thought that there will be a lot of people who do the same thing.. So i set about searching for some random people whom I have heard from my friends.. But to my shock I was able to collect pretty good information about most of them except one person.. Well that led me to think, what if that one person alone does not want to be searched for.. What is so personal that none of his information are available any where.. Hell, if you search for my name at least an entire page of results containing information about me pops up... There is a difference between privacy setting and plain old hiding of information.. and I am starting to believe that with the development of technologies people are starting to lean more towards the latter.. Interesting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment